Dear Grant Applicant:
Please take time to read this letter before completing and submitting your grant application. The following tips will help you in preparing your application for the Community Outdoor Outreach Grant Program:
- You must be a 501 (3) or (4) tax exempt organization, non-political group, local government, or a Texas Parks and Wildlife Department related program.
- Religous groups are eligible only if non-religous activities are planed.
- Funding for this program can only be used for TPWD related activities, such as fishing, hunting, birdwatching, camping, hiking, wildscaping, water safety, and educational programs. Regular city recreational programs will not be funded, only programs addressing TPWD related activities.
- All applicants are required to submit a resolution authorizing submission of the grant and designating a responsible official. This must be signed by your board of directors, local government officials, etc. Failure to submit a signed resolution will disqualify your application.
- No construction of facilities or parks will be eligible under this grant program.
- Annual community festivals are not eligible.
- THIS IS A REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM. Approved projects will be reimbursed as monies are spent and appropriate documentation.
- Applications must be postmarked by the application deadline. Those postmarked later will be disqualified. Incomplete applications are also ineligible.
- Please make sure all forms are signed and all application items are included (See Application Checklist).
- Follow the instructions carefully. Please be sure to include all information requested. In the program narrative, some detailed items are a "must" if the application is to be successful.
- No vehicle purchases will be allowed, but the leasing of transporation can be requested.
- Previous grant recipients are not eligible unless their current grants are closed before the application deadline.
- GRANT RECIPIENTS ARE ONLY ELIGIBLE TO APPLY ONCE EVERY TWO YEARS. (Effective for applications received after September 1, 1999.)
- Eligible grant applicants may request funds ranging from $5000 to $30,000 per funding cycle.
If you have any further questions regarding your application, please do not hesitate to contact me at (512) 912-7145. Good luck!
COOP Program Coordinator